We covered built-in PDF viewer available in Google Chrome 8 beta and soon Chrome 8 stable version will be released with built-in PDF viewer enabled by default. That means when you open PDF files in Chrome they’ll be opened through Chrome PDF Viewer than with PDF Reader plug-in, we’ve covered how to disable Chrome PDF Viewer also. Let us take a look at features offered by built-in PDF Viewer in Chrome.
Chrome PDF Viewer features
1.Open a PDF by clicking a link to PDF file on a page and PDF file will be opened in Google Chrome.
2. When PDF opened in Chrome, four buttons appear at the bottom which fade out and will be visible when you hover mouse over at the bottom.
Horizontal and vertical buttons make the PDF page fit vertically or horizontally.
With Zoom in, Zoom out buttons you can able to Zoom in and out on the text in the PDF .
3. You can able Save the PDF by right clicking on PDF page and clicking “Save as “ or with Ctrl +S shortcut or clicking Wrench icon and clicking “save page as “
4. Print PDF files by clicking Wrench icon and then clicking Print or by using Ctrl + P shortcut.
5. Fill in forms : PDF forms are highlighted in light blue color. You can click a form field to type and use Tab to jump to next field.
6. You can able search in PDF file for text by using Ctrl + F shortcut, matched found to search terms will be shown highlighted.