After one and half years finally 7-Zip 9 final version has been released and available for download. The free open source file archiver with high compression ratio was in beta since Feb 2009, it took lot of time for the beta tag to be removed and 7- Zip 9.20 final version to release.
7-Zip 9.20 uses 7z format supports ZIP, CAB, RAR, ARJ, GZIP , BZIP2, TAR, CPIO, RPM and DEB formats. 7-Zip with file explorer interface integrates with right-click menu in Windows.
7-Zip 9.20 features
- 7-Zip now can unpack SquashFS and CramFS filesystem images.
- 7-Zip now can unpack some TAR and ISO archives with incorrect headers.
- New small SFX module for installers (in Extra package).
- 7-Zip now supports files that are larger than 8 GB in TAR archives.
- NSIS support was improved.
- Some bugs were fixed.
- New localizations: Hindi, Gujarati, Sanskrit.
- 7-Zip now stores NTFS file timestamps to ZIP archives.
- New additional "Open archive >" item in context menu allows to select
archive type for some files
- 7-Zip now supports PPMd compression in ZIP archives.
- Speed optimizations in PPMd codec.
- The support for archives in installers was improved.