How to Uninstall AVG 2011 from your Computer

by Venkat eswarlu on October 12, 2010

in How to,tips and tricks

If you have installed recently released AVG 2011 Antivirus in your computer ,if you are not satisfied with AVG 2011 you can uninstall AVG 2011 safely without any problems, here is how.

AVG 2011 uninstall thumb How to Uninstall AVG 2011 from your Computer

Uninstalling AVG Antivirus 2011 from your Computer

Click Start>All Programs >AVG 2011>Uninstall AVG 2011

Similarly you can uninstall AVG 2011 from Add or Remove programs in Control Panel.

Update : Use AVG Removal tool : If you have any problem in uninstalling AVG 2011  use AVG Removal tool [forget about the below tough task]

1.Download and save related latest AVG installation file (offline installer,from the links below)  to your Computer .

2.Run the AVG installation file ,AVG Installer windows appears.

uninstalling AVG 2011 antivirus thumb How to Uninstall AVG 2011 from your Computer

3.Choose “Remove” as option and click Continue and let AVG 2011 uninstaller do the rest.

4.Restart your Computer after uninstallation is completed.

• AVG Antivirus s free edition 2011 offline installer (32-bit(64-bit)
  • AVG Antivirus 2011 offline installer (32-bit) (64-bit)
  • AVG Internet Security 2011 offline installer  (32-bit) (64-bit)

Marti Birdsall October 20, 2010 at 6:22 am

I work at home as a medical typist. I downloaded avg 2011 and it is messing up my computer terribly! This is my livelihood and I just went through a bankruptcy. I can’t lose my job! My processor light is constantly blinking and I want to remove avg 2011 but it will not let me. It tells me there is an unrecoverable error, but it will not tell me what the error is. Please for the sake of saving my work at home job, I need to remove this avg 2011 and it will not let me. I can’t take the computer in, I don’t have the money anymore having just gone through a bankruptcy. PLEASE HELP ME!!!!! I no longer trust avg free.

Venkat October 20, 2010 at 7:29 am

@Marti Birdsall
Download AVG free offline installer provided above and try to repair AVG , after that run AVG installation file again and this time select remove as the option.

Don December 6, 2010 at 8:20 am

The link doesn’t work, it file not found. I was trying to find a way to remove AVG 2011 of my computer because it wasn’t helping and now when I tryed to remove the program off my computer the process gets about three fourths of the way done of the status bar and then it says that I can’t remove the program off my computer and that there is an error that can’t be found.

JonB November 8, 2010 at 9:26 pm

great – other broken file links (may be due to same developer POS company AVG)

BAD software products come form companies that don’t test adequately – AVG goes on my BAD list now sadly. Unfortunately, we may never know what led them off the true path other than maybe one too many MBA in the company.

What’s wrong with Capitalism? Its spelled MBA.

mah 2¢ on tha mattah.

Thanks for the info.

Venkat November 9, 2010 at 6:49 am

@JonB
First of all let me confirm that we are no way affiliated with AVG nor I am developer of AVG :) I am using AVG AntiVirus since some time as just like you.
Ok, when coming to broken links seems AVG redirected download links to Download.com, we’ll update all offline installers of AVG and thanks for notifying me about this.
You can use AVG 2011 removal tool to remove AVG product .check the link below

Suddz62 November 19, 2010 at 2:13 am

OMG, thank you – I have been trying to uninstall AVG 2011 for 3 wks now & was really starting to get annoyed. I like AVG and most likely will re-install 2009.

J Griff November 30, 2010 at 11:42 am

I tried the removal tool, also tried removing every single application file by hand, cleaned the registry and restored to an earlier date. When the computer rebooted AVG2011 was reinstalled. This is no joke. This thing is worse than a virus.

warren November 13, 2010 at 8:55 pm

thanks for the tip, had the same problem and thought i hit a dead end. thanks for the help

Venkat November 13, 2010 at 9:08 pm

You are welcome

Sara M November 15, 2010 at 10:55 am

I am having the exact same problem. It is more of a virus then the actual AVG program. It has attacked my internet and each time I open a new browser it has $ signs and all sorts of gibberish that flashes, but I can never read it, cause it changes to the original avg browser tab very quickly. thanks for this advice I hope that this will all work out.

J Griff November 30, 2010 at 11:40 am

Sorry to say I have had the same nightmare and I am not a novice. I have tried everything to remove AVG2011 including using the removal tool, then restoring my computer only to find it reinstalled. This is not good.

ricky (irritated) need help December 5, 2010 at 6:54 am

i had avg free 9.0 but a screen kept poppin up every other day to upgrade to the 2011 version because it was better so i did. When it was installing, it erased 9.0 then said error with something about the logo. I have windows xp home edition. Now im sitting here with NO protection and now i cant download any other free anti virus program. Whats goin on here? Did avg send me wrong information? If they can tell me i have an error when they link the program to my computer, why cant they know not to send me something thats gonna leave me handicap!!!? HELP!!!

Venkat December 5, 2010 at 9:21 am

@Ricky
AVG showing popup to upgrade to 2011 for AVG 9.0 users , I too noticed that. You may have simply ignored if u willing to stay at 9. 0 verison.
Anyway check restore point created if any while upgrading to AVG 2011 on that day and use it to restore your Computer, any other restore points created earlier before may also help you.
If system restore doesn’t help you try avg removal tool here,

Miguel Fimbres December 9, 2010 at 3:30 am

I downloaded the AVG removal tool and worked great.
Thanks,

Miguel

kass January 3, 2011 at 1:06 pm

This worked great for me. I was crossing my fingers that I wouldn’t have the same problems some of the others had and so far it looks like it is gone for good. *knocks on wood*

Mary January 20, 2011 at 7:44 pm

OMG ty ty ty! i finally unistalled it by using the unistaller 64 bit tyvm! it is so awsome now norton is working perfectly <3 [:!!!!!!!! i will always use this website if i ever have problems again, and i will never EVER use avg ever again in my life it sucked.~ btw if this doesnt work go to the related and #1 instead of this b/c this one didnt work but the other one worked i luvv it!~

Gama February 26, 2011 at 6:30 am

How do I know if i should use 32 bit, or 64 bit??? Confused right now, or it doesnt matter?

Venkat February 28, 2011 at 9:41 am

What Operating System u are using? right click on My Computer icon on Start menu and click Properties to bring up system info which shows u are using 32-bit or 64-bit.

Robert Sparks March 8, 2011 at 10:44 pm

AVG 2011 was driving me up the wall-slow speed on all systems and I was so grateful to use the uninstall tool which has cleared everything of AVG and am now protected by Norton. Thankyou Techdows

Sarah March 17, 2011 at 10:07 am

FML! I cant even get to the removal tool! my computer freezes after like 2 minutes and I have to turn it off manually! HELP ME PLEASE I cannot afford to toke it to get fixed. Stupid AVG!!!

robd April 14, 2011 at 12:16 pm

Wow, what a huge help. I have previously had no trouble with AVG. After switching to 2011, things got a bit weird. The removal tool works great, and go figure it was alll thanks to AVG my computer was sluggish. Now my computer even boots into windows in half the time. I think I’ll be switching to Avast.

kevin April 27, 2011 at 12:45 am

installed avg 2011 free to friends computer .now it wont start up unless i use f10 key. how do i get rid of this nightmare program.

Allen June 18, 2011 at 11:56 pm

THANK YOU !!! I was just about to format my drive and then found your blog. I’m still a little nervous but you appear to have saved the day! Again, Thank you!

arshad July 21, 2011 at 9:49 pm

i want to exclude a web page from avg 2011. i cant access my account on the webpage.
pls tell me how to exclude a website in avg 2011 so that i can log in my ac.