Download AVG 2011 Removal Tool

by Venkat eswarlu on October 24, 2010

in Freebies

We are getting feedback from lot of users that AVG 2011 is slowing down their computers and they want to uninstall AVG 2011 and use other antivirus software or to downgrade to AVG 9.0.  We already covered how to uninstall AVG 2011 from your Computer in manual way, by that time AVG 2011 remover utility hasn’t been available,now AVG released AVG 2011 removal tool which completely removes AVG 2011 from your Computer as AVG removal tool doing till now for AVG 9.0 and to before products.

AVG 2011 Remover thumb Download AVG 2011 Removal Tool

AVG REMOVER

AVG Remover eliminates all the parts of your AVG installation from your computer, including registry items, installation files, user files, etc. AVG Remover is the last option to be used in case the AVG uninstall / repair installation process has failed repeatedly.

WARNING

All AVG user settings will be removed after the uninstall process is complete, as well as content from the Virus Vault and all other items related to AVG installation and use. You will be asked during the removal procedure to restart your computer. Therefore, please make sure to finish your work and save all important data prior to launching AVG Remover.

Using AVG 2011 Removal tool

1.Download AVG 2011 remover for (32-bit)

AVG 2011 remover for (64-bit)

2.Save to your Computer.

3.Run the tool,follow the instructions on the screen.

Ginger October 28, 2010 at 12:45 am

AVG 2011 sucks. It doesn’t even detect half of the spyware or trojans that Windows Security Essentials or Kaspersky recognizes. I’m grateful for the uninstall tool because without it, you can’t manually remove AVG 2011 from Add/ Remove Program, program files, or even Component Services. AVG fail!

Fred October 28, 2010 at 9:56 am

Be very careful with AVG 11 – I have had many problems with it installed on a 3 year old HP Pavillion.

It caused ‘no reason’ reboots, locked the computer and several other funnies.
The uninstaller was a nightmare – it started OK and then wanted to reboot, after ther reboot computer could not read from hard disk. Had to do a repair install, during which the AVG uninstaller burst into life and screwed the XP install up.

Fortunately I had a complete backup so I just did a reformat and reinstall.

AVG11? Be very carefull!
AVG 9 – good stuff and that’t where I’m staying for the time being.

Dan November 8, 2010 at 7:02 am

I have been using AVG for what seems like 8 to 10 years upgrading to avg 2011 was the worst mistake ever. Constant computer lockups and crashes. Worked flawlessly before installing AVG 2011. I have always liked AVG up until now :(

saski November 16, 2010 at 10:40 pm

thank you for sharing the removal tool. it helped me to uninstall AVG 2011. i tried to remove it through ‘control panel’ but it did not work. error message kept coming back and taking guidelines from the website itself did not help me to solve the problem.

Asanga Rathnayaka November 22, 2010 at 2:02 am

dear sir .

today i have used your site to uninstall AVG 2011 virus guard from my laptop. its works perfectly. with in 1 minute its uninstall. congratulations.

thanks
Asanga

Matt November 28, 2010 at 4:16 am

AVG 2011 was nothing but trouble. Slow, and it kept insisting on rebooting. Couldn’t uninstall it properly, leaving it in a broken state but still wanting to reboot every 5 minutes. This uninstall tool solved it. Goodbye AVG.

Derek December 5, 2010 at 11:09 am

Thank you very much avg 2011 was nothing but trouble wont be using any of there stuff again , no problems with older version though

teresa December 27, 2010 at 8:29 pm

what anti virus are you using instead of AVG?

Venkat December 27, 2010 at 8:44 pm

Lol any one should use only one antivirus in their Computers, I am using AVG 9.0 only along wth MBAM.

Ann December 28, 2010 at 3:20 am

Hi,

I cannot thank you enough for this help. I’ve been trying to uninstall (get RID of) AVG for a few wks. as it’s not been installed properly and I couldn’t change it; kept getting box after box with Error Messages, and telling me I wasn’t protected. I couldn’t UNinstall, as I was given the message I had to uninstall ZoneAlarm due to conflict. I wasn’t about to uninstall ZA, so I’ve gone ’round and ’round and worrying continually due to not being protected. I’m not a computer geek, so was about to take it to the shop and pay for someone to remove it for me.

I was certain this would turn into a monumental job when I clicked to download your method, and could not believe after booting up again, that AVG was gone, and it was done so quickly. Thank you SO much. Now, if I was sure which new antivirus to get………….. I’ve had AVG for several years but keep hearing AVAST or AVIRA? are better.

John December 28, 2010 at 7:58 pm

After several years of using AVG Free with no trouble at all, AVG 2011 was an absolute nightmare for me. It was causing my laptop (Vista SP2, 4 gig ram) to take 3-4 minutes to start up and it was running a scan on every start up – despite me repeatedly going into the settings and changing it to once a week. It was using approximately 20% of my CPU at any time. CTRL ALT DELETE as well as going into windows explorer would take about 40 seconds and I also experienced random crashes and startup failures. After much swearing I uninstalled it and now my comp runs fine. I’m not bothering with any antivirus software currently – if I want to go on suspect sites, then I’ll use Ubuntu.

DelVal PC March 4, 2011 at 12:09 am

I cant believe how bad AVG 2011 is. What the heck did they do to it? It is a complete resource hog. Thank you for the tool.

me March 7, 2011 at 3:05 am

had avg 9.0 installed. Sub ran out. Then all I could get was computer infected. No program would open because it was infected. Took it to a computer shop, had the hard drive wiped and reinstalled all programs they could save. Somehow a portion of AVG 9.0 was reinstalled. computer worked good for about 3 weeks. Then same prob. Computer infected. found that a guy at work was decent with computers. He fixed it twice. Both time prob reacured.
This time I was able to get AVG 2011 free installed before it occured again. Computer locked up after saying it was infected. Had to foce close the computer. Tried to open several days later,it opened with no probs.
Today, after several days wiyh no probs, it came up computer infected again. closed computer, opened in safe mode, updated to AVG 2011 free full version. No probs. Uninstalled AVG 2011 free full version, then done a search for unistaller for AVG. Ran it. Time will tell if it worked.
AVG used to be the best on the market that I found. Some of you may know a better one. I am going to search for a better one.
We wouldn’t need this if Microsoft wouldn’t try to leave a back door open so that they can come in and change things on your computer. Look at Apple. Hardly any viruses. No back door. Hmmm.
Problem is some of my machining programs don’t work with Apple’s operating system or I wouldn’t even bother with Microshaft, or is that Megashaft?

sanders April 14, 2011 at 10:18 pm

That’s IT! I am DONE with AVG. Since installing 2011 it is killing my laptop, which is reasonably powerful. And to top it all off, it refuses to uninstall.

Never again.

Rhonda April 18, 2011 at 6:02 am

thankyou thankyou thankyou!!!!
downloading avg 2011 was the worst thing I ever did, just to get on to the net I had to uninstall avg every time but it never uninstalled completely instead came up with error but then allowed me on the net…your uninstaller worked within a minute allowing normal functioning straight on to the net and best of all NO MORE AVG!! Yayyyy!!! I cant thank you enough!!

Gagal Bahadur Bhandari May 1, 2011 at 9:43 pm

After installing AVG2011, my computer becomes so slow that it tooks about 10 minutes to open any website and file. So i want to uninstall it from my pc, but i am not able to uninstall it.I will be very happy if you help me to remove it from my pc.

sara May 10, 2011 at 7:30 am

the link is sending me to a page that says file not found?!

Venkat May 10, 2011 at 2:37 pm

Sorry for the inconvenience, link is updated and now will work.

Ron May 22, 2011 at 10:09 pm

No wonder its free,its crap,and is a nightmare to get rid off.Message to to AVG, get your act together, thanks to you so very much as I followed your instructions and has been sent to hell (deleted) where it belongs.I now have installed Nortons Internet Security 2011, it cost me very little and is well worth it.

Amy June 3, 2011 at 1:37 am

Finally – something that removes avg. I hate avg and will never again use it or anything even remotely related to it! DO NOT use this program!!

alan febrian June 11, 2011 at 12:08 pm

thank’s very much for you, it’s works perfectly uninstall remove avg 2011…good job.

oshin June 15, 2011 at 10:01 am

hey thank you so much it really worked….was really fed up with this avg your concept helped me a lot..;)

momo June 17, 2011 at 8:35 pm

THANK YOU, the unique solution for uninstalling AVG 2011

MANY THANKS

Julian July 10, 2011 at 11:47 am

I cannot thank you enough. I am a part time tech, and I had a hell of a time trying to fix a laptop for a customer. Logging in took several minutes, after which the system would be completely unresponsive. After rebooting several times, I was finally able to open your uninstaller (in the 30 seconds that the system was responsive before AVG locked it up). What a piece of crap!!!
WHY ISN’T THIS PROGRAM CONSIDERED A VIRUS!!!?

Jsean August 10, 2011 at 12:22 am

I have had Zero problems with AVG 2011 myself but as a support technician I do run into other people with a lot of problems with it. Glad there’s an uninstaller because from the looks of things I have just been lucky.

Katie December 28, 2011 at 4:04 am

AVG2012 SUCKS! I’m so grateful for this removing tool, because ever since I have downloaded ANY AVG programs, my computer has been nothing but SLOW!

Melatrol December 30, 2011 at 7:35 am

Thank you so much for this. A friend of mine has AVG 2011 installed on his machine an until now I’ve been unable to uninstall it anyway anyhow. Hopefully now I have a solution.

qrseed February 13, 2012 at 12:13 pm

Didn’t use the tool, as the AVG11 forced me to reinstall the whole system after identyfying an essential system file as infected. It was a grim mistake to let AVG delete the file; couldn’t recover W7 using repair options; had to reinstall it completely. Will never use AVG again (after couple of years of it’s flawless work)

brendan September 26, 2012 at 5:48 am

avg 2011 doesnt work and says files arent found when there are files i hate avg

Venkat September 26, 2012 at 8:15 am

Try to reinstall AVG 2011 and uninstall it again.

ripal March 7, 2013 at 8:22 am

Thank you so much. It worked. What an annoying nightmare for a couple of years. Every time I turned the computer on I could not get rid of that annoying pop up.