If you’ve recently installed Internet Explorer 9 Beta on your computer, you may have come to know that you can no longer access IE8, IE9 beta still is a pre-release software with plenty of bugs needs to fix and some websites, add-ons may not compatible with this version. If you have enough reasons to get back to IE8 from IE9 by uninstalling IE9, which is called downgrading, here is how to downgrade from IE9 to IE8.
- How to Uninstall IE10 in Windows 7 that downgrades you to IE9 or IE8
- How to Uninstall IE11 on Windows 7 that restores Previous Version to IE10/IE9/IE8
On Installing IE9, your Internet Explorer 8 version will be upgraded to IE9, and it will be installed as an update rather than as program, hence it will not appear in the programs list under Programs and Features. So we need to remove the IE9 update.
Downgrading from IE9 to IE8
1. Close all programs. Click Start and click on Control Panel.
2. Click “Uninstall a Program” under ‘Programs’ category.
3. Click “View installed updates” option in the task pane.
4. Now select Windows Internet Explorer 9 shown under Microsoft Windows Updates, click ‘Uninstall’ and follow the instructions on the screen.
IE9 uninstall process lasts for a minimum of 3 minutes, and you will be able to access Internet Explorer 8 as usual after restart.
Note: I recommend users to create a restore point before uninstalling IE9, because whenever you want to try IE9, you can get it through system restore option in Windows.
Note 1: The article was written when IE9 Beta was released, but the instructions or steps mentioned above work in getting rid of IE9 final from your computer.
Please share this article