We’ve already covered how to start Google Chrome and Firefox in private browsing mode, Private browsing is not a unique feature, this feature has been offered by all popular browsers now a days -Opera added this feature its 10.5 version, if you want to automatically start opera in private browsing mode, here is how.
- Automatically start Firefox in a Private Browsing session
- Start Google Chrome Automatically in Incognito Mode
If you opened Private tab or new private window, all your browsing history, cache, cookies and logins will be not saved during that session however, the bookmarks you made and files you downloaded will be kept.
To start Opera in private browsing mode automatically
- Right click on Opera shortcut icon on the desktop.
- Click Properties, copy the path of Opera program shown in the “Target” field, which looks like this “C:\Program Files\Opera\opera.exe”
- Right click on the desktop, click New>Shortcut, and paste previously copied path and leave a space and type –newprivatetab and click ‘Next’
- Name it as OperaPrivate or whatever as you like, and click ‘Finish’.
From now onwards, whenever you want to use Opera private browsing mode, click that shortcut.
Update December 25, 2104: To start Chromium-based Opera automatically in Private browsing mode, do this
Right click on the desktop, New > Shortcut > paste “C:\Program Files\Opera\launcher.exe” –private, click on Next, give it a name Opera Incogonito or whatever you like and click ‘Finish’.
From now on, click on that shortcut to open Opera in PB mode.