If you are unable to uninstall ESET Smart Security or ESET NOD32 Anti-Virus using ESET Start Menu Uninstaller provided for above said ESET products, then you can use ESET Uninstaller Tool to manually uninstall ESET Security Products after booting your system into Safe mode and running the tool.
Note: You should not uninstall ESET Security products using Control Panel’s Programs and Features applet, instead, you need to use ESET Start Menu Uninstaller by clicking Start > All Programs > ESET >Uninstall.
Using ESET Uninstaller tool
If the above method fails, then only you need to use ESET Uninstaller Tool.
If you are using Windows XP/Vista
1. Download ESET Uninstaller Tool and save to your computer.
2. Restart your computer in Safe mode and run the tool and follow the instructions on the screen.
Remember, you can’t run this tool under normal mode, you may get an error when you do that.
If you are using Windows 7/8
- Download ESET Uninstaller Tool and restart your computer in safe mode.
- Click start>type CMD and press enter.
- In the command prompt reach to ESET Uninstaller tool saved location by typing CD Desktop and press enter.
- Now type ESETUninstaller.exe/reinst to run ESET Uninstaller and follow the instructions on the screen.
If you’re using Windows 10, please refer to official instructions mentioned by ESET on this page here in using the tool and do the prerequisites.