Mozilla today released Firefox 4.0 beta 1 , lets take a look into features offered in Firefox 4.0 , as we already covered Firefox 4.0 offers undo for extensions uninstall .With Firefox 4.0 beta 1 we can able to know and view what Firefox 4.0 has to offer for users.
It is not recommended to use Firefox 4.0 beta as your primary browser as almost all add-ons are incompatible with Firefox 4.0 at present.
Firefox 4.0 features
- Tabs are on top : In Firefox 4.0 nightly builds and in Firefox 4.0 beta 1 default tab position has been changed and now tabs are on top
- On Windows Vista and 7 Menu bar has been replaced with Firefox button.
- You can search and switch to opened tabs from awesome bar.
- New Add-on manager and extensions manager have been added
- Significant API improvements are available for JS-ctypes , a foreign function interface for extensions.
- Stop and reload buttons have been merged into single button as part of UI enhancements on Windows , Mac and Linux
- Bookmarks toolbar has been replaced with Bookmarks button by default.
- Crash protection offered for Windows ,Mac and Linux for Adobe Flash, Silverlight and Apple Quicktime.
- CSS Transitions are partially supported
- Full WebGL support has been added and disabled by default at this time
- Core animation rendering model for Plugins on Mac OS X.
- HD Video: Native support for HD HTML5 WebM video format.
- An experimental Direct2D rendering backend available on windows turned off by default.
- More responsive page rendering using lazy frame construction
- New HTML5 parser.
- Support for more HTML5 form controls.