For some applications and Websites to run properly, you must have Java installed on your Computer, it allows to play online games, chat with people around the world and view images in 3D and lot more. It is recommended for the user to have the latest version of java installed in his Computer and also he should know which version he is using.
Also read .Net Framework Version Checker 18.104.22.168
There are two ways to check version of Java, which involves online and offline method.
If you are sure you are installed Java in your Computer, to check its version
- Click Start button > Run > type CMD and press Enter.
- Now in the Command Prompt window type java –version and press enter.
- Installed java version will be shown in the Command prompt window.
- Disable or Enable All Java Plugins in browsers with a Single Click
- Java 8 Now available on Java.com for download as default JRE
Checking Java Version online: To verify, you have the recommended version of Java installed for your Operating System
Visit this page and click Verify Java Version button. The page automatically detects java installed in your computer and shows the version installed.
Bonus :Test whether Java is working in your Computer
You have installed Java alright, how do you know its working.
- Visit Java test page where page auto detects and shows its info in an applet in your browser.