Twitter found twitter users are targeted for Spam and Phishing scams by sending malicious links through DMs and email notifications.Having followed all security tips to not to fall into phishing scams, yet malware writers making twitter users to click on bad links, Twitter launches brand new service detect bad links on twitter.
With this service all links on twitter will be send to this service, where twitter team able to monitor, detect and prevent phishing scams and bad links on twitter.If user clicks on bad link received through email notification, twitter still can keep that user safe.
Since recent phishing scams happened all through DMs , twitter bought this service.User may not notice this feature which will be hidden.But twitter users may observe links shortened to twi.tl in direct messages and email notifications.
- Make Suspicious and Frightening Shortened URLs with ShadyURL
- Hovercards Feature in Twitter Shows Profile Preview of Users in Timeline
- Fix to “Twitter Account Locked out After Several Login Attempts”
- List of Weak and Too Obvious Passwords Banned by Twitter
- List of Twitter’s Official Twitter Accounts