Its always interesting to see Microsoft naming their Windows Versions as latest Operating System being named as Windows 7.But when any user checks the version of Windows 7 it shows it as 6.1 then why they are calling it as Windows 7.
Though Microsoft answers this simply why Windows “7”?
Here are the releases of Windows so far and their names
Windows 1.0(First release)
Windows 3.1-Windows NT
Windows 4.0- Windows 95
Windows 4.0.1998-Windows 98
Windows 4.0.2222-Windows 98 SE
Windows 4.90.3000-Windows Millennium(All 9x versions are counted as 4.0)
Windows 5.0-Windows 2000
Windows 5.1-Windows XP
Windows 6.0-Windows Vista
Windows 6.1-Windows 7.
Since 5.1 used for Windows XP to used version compatibility issues for developers Microsoft coded Windows 7 as 6.1
- How to Create VPN Connection in Windows 7
- Search For any Process Running in Windows 7 Online Using Resource Monitor
- How to Login to Windows 7 Without Entering Password
- How to Add Quick Launch Bar to Windows 7‘s Taskbar
- How to Lock Your System without even Turning on Screen Saver in Windows 7