Oh dear! where twitter brought this shortened URLs market into, given life to bit.ly, end the road to some URL Shorteners and Google made its own shorteners goo.gl and Youtu.be.Now totally this shortening URLS is turned into some entertainment stuff with ShadyURL which not only shortens URLs but also make them suspicious and frightening to your friends and followers in twitter.
The fact is malware authors does distribute malwares though shortened links in twitter.This ShadyURL does remind this to all twitter users.For example me entering Google Buzz address in Shady URL becomes http://5z8.info/stalin_x3w5w_taliban-meetup that’s the fun though this link will direct to Google Buzz shows some scary Taliban words stuff.
I think there is no use with ShadyURL web app apart from scaring your friends and followers in twitter.
- 11 Tips to Secure Your Twitter Account
- List of Weak and Too Obvious Passwords Banned by Twitter
- Scr.im : Share Your Email Address In Shortened Links in Twitter, Facebook and in Forums
- Bit.ly to Extend Spam and Malware Protection for bit.ly Links
- How to Know Your First Follower in Twitter