After you freshly installed Windows, some times Windows automatically finds drivers and installs them which are generic.Remaining devices for which Windows can’t install drivers will appear with yellow exclamation mark. If you don’t have a mother board CD, how do you install drivers for unknown PCI device.PCIDatabase.com is driven by users in which you can easily identify PCI Vendor name and Device model for unknown device.
1.Now Open Device Manager in your Computer
2.Right click on Unknown device, click properties and click Details tab.Under Property which shows device description selected, drop down it and select Hardware IDs.
3.Now observe the first line showing PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_24D5&SUBSYS-2A4A103C&REV_02 .Clearly observe ID beside VEN_ and ID beside DEV_.Here they are 8086 and 24D5.These two are vendor and device IDs.
4.Now go to PCIDatabase.com and in Vendor search enter Vendor ID, and in Device search enter Device ID you observed earlier and click search.
5.Search for unknown device in device search will show the device name as below .Which you can Google and download the driver.
- Driver Easy Auto-Detects Drivers and Downloads Them for You
- How to Update Drivers Online and Offline for Your PC
- Find Drivers Responsible for Crashing your Computer With WhoCrashed
- Backup,Restore Your Drivers With DriverBackup
- Backup and Restore Drivers With Double Driver:Freeware
Please share this article