Whenever your computer gets infected by viruses, apart from main system programs like Registry editor , Task Manger and Folder options gets disabled, you may also unable to open or run executable files in your computer.Reason viruses have modified extensions files settings.
Exe files association changed means you may no longer able to run programs you are running till now , you may get openwith dialog window to choose options to open to programs.Fix to this is bringing Exe file associations to its default.This can be done easily through registry editor.
1.Open registry editor by typing regedit in Start Menu.
2.Navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\exefile\Shell\Open in the left pane and on the right pane double click default registry entry and give its value as “%1” %*.
3.Close registry editor , the problem will be solved.
From now you can be able to open exe files without any problems.
- How to Remove Firefox, if You failed to Uninstall it from Add\Remove Programs
- Private Browsing in Firefox has been disabled or Grayed out
- Fix to “ Windows Explorer has encountered a Problem and needs to Close”
- Fix to “ Host File contains forbidden domain name guru.avg.com Detected on Open”
- Fix to “Security Center Can not be Started”