How to Uninstall Bing Bar from Your Computer

by Venkat eswarlu on December 8, 2009

in How to,tips and tricks

Having Microsoft released the Bing Bar to use their search and access other features you may have installed it. If you are not satisfied with Bing Bar or may be due to occupying too much space on browser then you can uninstall Bing Bar and use Google Toolbar if you wish.

Since there are lot of advantages of Google Toolbar, using both Google Toolbar and Bing Bar will do no harm. But they will occupy more space. You can uninstall Bing Bar from your computer without affecting IE and Firefox functionality or performance.

To uninstall Bing Bar from your computer

1.Close IE and Firefox browsers.

2. Click Start menu >Settings >Control Panel >click Add\Remove programs

3. Select Bing Bar from the list of installed programs shown and click Remove to uninstall Bing Bar.

Related articles

Ailora October 4, 2010 at 11:37 pm

DUH……..

Nobody would check there 1st, would they??

It doesn’t show up in the Add / Remove Programs.

mimi taylor August 22, 2011 at 9:06 pm

its not in my uninstall programs either

lc September 4, 2011 at 9:33 pm

When I select it in add/remove programs my windows warning window pops up that says a program from an unknown publisher wants to access my computer. When I cancel because they’re unknown, it doesn’t allow me to remove Bing Bar. Once I hit allow just to see what would happen, and it said the program was gathering information, and I cancelled immediately. Why should a program have to gather info just to remove a program from my PC?
The reason I want to remove it from the 1st place is cuz when signing on this morn, I got a black screen after logging in. Rebooted, & it kept happening. I hit cnt alt del and in task mngr saw bing bar at the top, unfamilliar to me I stopped it and my desk top came right up. Hmmm….

Brent November 19, 2011 at 2:20 am

It certainly doesn’t show up anywhere in my Windows 7 control panel. I have looked for anything that says Bing in my computer. Microsoft sure hid it well. This could very well be my last Windows computer. Mac has been looking better for a long time, now with Microsoft tricking me into a program that is a PIA, I’m really disgusted.

Chris September 23, 2012 at 4:10 am

I tried this. It’s there in the list. I however keep getting this stupid “Browser is running” bullshit even though there’s no damn browser open. Please pass the message onto to MS that this program is broken. It’s as if Bing is now just as bad as ASK…oh wait. You can uninstall that.

Chris September 23, 2012 at 4:24 am

Good old restart. It’s gone now. I hate MS and the fact that you have to restart windows to uninstall the dumb ass program they gave me no choice to opt out of. That of course is the thing that makes me irritated the most. No check-box to uncheck. It’s like they’re trying to think for me and tell me what I want on MY computer.

Jim October 21, 2012 at 6:23 am

This does not work for me it start to uninstall then fails with a general installation fault

Nomuit Jargon April 5, 2013 at 8:09 am

Windows 7, naturally a PC. Have Mozilla, I.E., and Chrome installed.

Even though 7 is so ridiculous, I still managed to find it in Add/Remove Programs (which was renamed Uninstall A Program for no apparent reason). I can uninstall it, and then it immediately pops back up later down the road (although I’m unsure of when exactly.) It takes up a ridiculous amount of space, but no matter how much I end up deleting it/uninstalling it, it always ends up back on the computer. Is this just more MicroSoft bull—- where they “require” you to have it installed, like all of the C++ updates (the most stupid f—ing thing ever, in my opinion)? As in, one of those things that will keep on updating/reinstalling every time you connect to the Internet?