We can hide and stop some thumbnails from appearing showing in new tab page of recently released Google Chrome 3.0 . But the new tab page for Chrome 3.0 lacks showing recently saved bookmarks, and number of thumbnails reduces to 8 from 12, and also we can not access search engines when compared to old new tab page.
If you are not satisfied with redesigned look of new tab page in Chrome 3.0, you can revert back to old new tab page for Chrome 3.0 very easily. You need to add a small piece of code to the command line shortcut of Google Chrome 3.0.
- Right click on Google Chrome shortcut , click properties>select Shortcut
- and in Target after chrome.exe press space add —old-new-tab-page and click apply and save changes.
Totally it should like below
"C:\Documents and Settings\username\Local Settings\Application Data\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe" –old-new-tab-page
Now if you open Google chrome from desktop shortcut, you will see old tab page in Google Chrome 3.0.
To go back to redesigned new tab page, remove the code we have added in the target box and save.
- How to Reset Your Theme to Default in Google Chrome
- 5 Shortcuts to Open Links in Chrome and Firefox
- Google Chrome : Remove All Websites Thumbnails in New Tab Page With Single Click
- Start Google Chrome Automatically in Incognito Mode
- Quickly Search Websites With Omnibox in Google Chrome
Please share this article