It will be irritating to anyone if a program changes default search provider for a browser. The program may install as an add-on or as a toolbar and changes default search provider without users permission. However this can be preventable in IE8.
Sometimes some toolbars will be installed along with freeware programs or others, without users consent and are difficult to uninstall also. If a toolbar or add-on tries to change default search provider in IE8, IE8 shows a dialog box whether to keep or change your current default search provider, then check Prevent programs from suggesting changes to my default search provider .
Another you can do that is
1.Open Internet Explorer, select Tools>Manage Add-ons click search providers and check “ prevent programs from suggesting changes to my default search provider” and click close.
- 2 Ways to Delete Index.dat File
- Microsoft Changes IE8’s First Run Behavior
- How to Enable Compatibility View for Some Websites in Internet Explorer 8
- Tweak to Bring back IE8 Menu Bar to top
- How to Reset Internet Explorer’s Settings to Default
- Save IE Favorites as Single PDF,CHM and HTML File
- Remove IE7 RunOnce Page with IE7 RunOnce Remover