Yesterday ISRO launched Bhuvan, a 3D mapping tool for India , considered to be rival to Google Earth. With Bhuvan you can view entire India through internet like Google Earth. After ISRO’s success of Chandrayan, this is a great achievement.
3D images shows in Bhuvan from India are through satellite. With Bhuvan you can fly on India by accessing virtual globe using your mouse and keyboard from your desktop it self. Bhuvan basic version is free to use. You need to register and download a browser plug-in to explore bhuvan.
You can register at bhuvan official website.
Bhuvan works in IE6 or higher versions only.
Minimum System Requirements for bhuvan:
- OS: Windows XP/Vista
- CPU: Pentium 4GHZ+ or AMD 2400 XP+
- Memory: 512 MB RAM,
- 3D capable with 32 MB VRAM Graphic Card
- Screen: 1280*1024, 32-bit true color
- Hard disk : 2GB free space
- Network Speed : 768 Kbits/sec
- Bhuvan Plug-in is a must .
- DirectX version : DirectX 9.0 or higher
- Browser: IE6.0 or higher.
To install Bhuvan plug-in, you must have administrative privileges.
You must be logged in to Bhuvan website to access bhuvan.
Bhuvan is still beta, you can expect more advanced features in official version of Bhuvan.