If you are using AVG, when you are moving infected item to the virus vault you can get “ the Virus vault has reached maximum file count limit “ warning from AVG’s resident shield.
AVG is very effective against viruses. AVG detects latest viruses in real time through its resident shield. When AVG unable to remove the file, then it prompts user to move the file to Virus vault . User gets the virus vault warning message in doing so.
Why this warning shown by The AVG resident shield?
This warning caused by corrupted vvfolder.idx file in AVG vault folder which is hidden.
What’s the Fix?
Fix is to remove the AVG vault folder , follow the below steps
1.Since this folder is hidden to view it in Windows Explorer ,
open My computer >Tools>Folder options>view>show hidden files and folders .
2.Find $AVG8.Vault$ folder in all hard drives and delete it.
That’s it, problem is solved you won’t face this error from AVG in future.
Don’t forget to read
- Download AVG Removal Tool
- How to Fix AVG’s Update Error “Invalid Update Control CTF File”
- How to Disable AVG Search–Shield or Link Scanner
- How to Remove BV:AutoRun-G [Wrm] from Your USB Drive
- 7 Ways to Fix ”Registry editing has been disabled by Your administrator “