Till now Google has taken steps to protect your privacy not to display images automatically from contacts in messages in Gmail to prevent spam.But Google decided to display images automatically from contacts you at least emailed two times that is you know the sender whom you are getting images.
So from now on ,when someone sends you images you will see the images automatically by default from your contacts list
- You should have emailed him twice at least previous time.
image credit:Gmail blog
If you want do not want to display images from certain sender
Click don’t display from now on under “ show details” of email message you received from them with images.
To disable images from everybody ,so that images should not appear in messages in settings of Gmail select or enable” ask before displaying external content”
- Protect Your Gmail from Ebay and Paypal’s Spam,Phishing emails
- Download Gmail Tips Guide
- Gmail and other Google Apps are out of beta
- Gmail Translates other language messages Automatically
- Importing mail and Contacts from Other Accounts to Gmail now easier