If you want to destroy all the data in the hard disk which containing sensitive information which should not be recoverable at all ,is it possible? yes it is possible with zero filling.
Reasons to destroy the data in the hard drive
1.You might want to install operating system freshly.since your drive contains bad sectors.
2.Your sensitive information on the hard disk must be destroyed.
3.You want to sale your computer to other person ,and don’t want your data should be recover by other person.
What is zero filling?
You are removing each partition of the hard drive ,Master Boot Record(MBR) and filling each byte of storage with null character (0) which is called as Zero filling.
By doing zero filling in hard drive your hard drive can be compared to new one which contains all zeros,the more times you do zero filling the less the chances of data recovery from your hard drive.
- Find the Health Condition of Your Hard drive with CrystalDiskInfo
- “Pri Master Hard Disk :S.M.A.R.T Status BAD,Backup and Replace”
- Monitor Health of Hard Drive With Hard Drive Inspector
- Get Detailed Info of Your PC With Free Belarc Advisor
- Disabling Low Disk Space Warning in Windows XP