When AVG unable to update Virus definitions or when you try to Update AVG, you may get “Invalid Update Control CTF File” error, as a result updates will not be installed in your computer.
Why AVG showing Such error?
AVG showing such error because Update control files of AVG in your computer may be corrupted, that’s why you are getting that error.
What’s the Fix?
We need to manually delete the files named avginfoavi.ctf and avginfowin.ctf files in the Directory location here
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\avg8\update\download
Once these files are deleted, in the next update, AVG automatically downloads these control files and you will have no problems in future in updating AVG.
Have you faced this problem? How you’ve solved it? share with us in the comments.
- 7 Ways to Fix “Task Manager has been disabled by your administrator”
- How to Fix ”Color Patches are appearing on the Screen”
- 7 Ways to Fix ”Registry editing has been disabled by Your administrator “
- How to Fix “The System has recovered from a serious error”
- How to Fix ”Google Error We‘re sorry “
- How to Fix”The device ‘Generic volume’ cannot be stopped right now “
- How to Fix “Dr.Watson Postmortem Debugger has encountered a Problem and needs to Close”