Download AVG Removal Tool

by Venkat eswarlu on April 27, 2009

in Freeware

Download AVG Removal Tool

There will be problems you can face to uninstall Anti-virus or some security programs, as some registry entries and files remain in your computer preventing uninstall of antivirus programs such as AVG completely from your computer. We can remove AVG Anti–Virus completely with AVG Remover.

AVG Anti-Virus Free edition is a popular Free anti-virus with anti-spyware

read AVG review and tips and tricks.

If you have problems uninstalling AVG, you can download AVG Remover removal tool and remove the entries related to AVG completely from your Computer.

You can also read Removal tools for popular security programs and App Remover.

Reasons why AVG will not uninstall from your Computer

1. Some files of AVG may corrupted due to virus.

2. Though you uninstalled AVG, it is not completely removed from your computer as registry entries and files of AVG still remain in your computer.

How to run AVG Remover Tool

1 .Download AVG removal Tool for 32bit or Download AVG Removal tool for 64-bit depends on version of Windows you are using.

2. Save to your computer.

3.  Run it and follow the instructions.

Update: AVG Removal tool has been updated. AVG removal tool removes AVG 2011, AVG 9.0, AVG 8.5 and prior versions.

Also read

7 Solutions to Uninstall Problems

Must Read :

How to Uninstall AVG 2011 from your Computer

Anonymous September 9, 2009 at 8:41 am

thanks

Rick February 27, 2013 at 3:20 am

I’ve pulling my hair out for days. Can’t understand why the dang AVG uninstaller won’t just remove it. I tried that and Security center reports it’s still running. (this always happens so what’s the point in even having an uninstall in add/remove) Furthermore, lots of sites such as this one provide the link to download the removal tool but I found that myself on the AVG site. The problem is, it’s a dead link. I cannot get the removal tool anywhere. Not even from the AVG site. When I click to download it always says “page cannot be found”. In other words, dead link.

venkat September 9, 2009 at 12:59 pm

Welcome buddy keep coming to my blog .

Anonymous September 18, 2009 at 2:03 pm

Usefull tools.
Thanks.

Ron
UK

venkat September 18, 2009 at 5:34 pm

@Ron
I am glad you find avg remvoal tool useful keep coming to my blog.

Anonymous March 1, 2010 at 4:44 am

@venkat Thanks man, 9.0 was really screwing with my multiplayer gaming, this took it off, once again thanks.

Paul November 9, 2010 at 12:56 pm

thanks for the use of your removal tool.
the poor puter had got it self in a loop and i could not remove avg any other way.

Jenkins November 15, 2010 at 10:40 am

cheers for this dude… good to see AVG provide a proper remover.. i was hesitant at using the Add/Remove programs feature because i’ve had a bad run with uninstalling AV programs in the past (Norton destroyed an old computer of mine after i uninstalled it)

Decided to remove AVG because of an increasing amount of false positives, game development programs/tools that some friends of mine have written that AVG blocks from using, and even when i Ignore the bogus “threat” AVG still won’t let me open the file (Windows says that i don’t have permissions to open the file, which is bull because i built this computer and am a super admin)…
I hope by removing AVG completely will allow me to open these much needed tools.

Thanks again for an informative post :)

Satish November 16, 2010 at 6:54 am

I was trying all the away to remove AVG 2011, but it was giving some error. I tried by downloading AVGremoval tool and it worked fine…thanks for the help.

Venkat November 16, 2010 at 8:28 am

You are welcome here.

zevknight November 21, 2010 at 3:04 am

Hi, I wanted to say thank you for helping me in removeing avg from my pc, it was cause it some major problems in loading speeds, and it was also causeing it not to download programs I needed for my pc to be protected from online threats. Now that avg is no longer installed its runing like its bran new again! again thank you so much for helping me out. I salute you!

name November 22, 2010 at 7:23 am

wow man thanks =) after getting “installation was unsuccessful” 3 different times, you start to get annoyed. but this worked perfectly! thanks again =)

Dave December 2, 2010 at 9:47 am

THANK YOU. This is a system saver, after getting a dodgy update for AVG (which resulted in the system from booting right, which in turn resulted in a system restore). Now going back to what I had before AVG, “Avira Anti virus” which is really easy to uninstall. Anyway Thanks again :-)

secret December 4, 2010 at 6:43 pm

thanks m8 this where help full couldent made it whit out you:)

Joe March 6, 2011 at 10:53 pm

Thanks for the removal tool!!! AVG Free 2011 was becoming such a resource hog on my wife’s laptop, and I tried installing/uninstalling multiple times to no avail. This program did the trick as AVG has been obliterated from the computer with no trace of it in running services, Control Panel, the Start Menu, or files left on the hard drive. There were just a few remnants of AVG referenced in the registry, but no harm since no program files remain on the hard drive. Great job, and highly recommended if you have a problem uninstalling AVG.

morex April 21, 2011 at 1:20 am

I clicked the link for the removal tool for 32-bit and it says file not found on firefox and broken link on internet explorer I thought this was just an error with my pc or my internet as I have done this within the last week for a friend but now it doesn’t work where else can I find the removal tool?

Dheeraj May 10, 2011 at 5:40 pm

Wow..Thanks a ton for this removal tool. Just wanted to kick this AVG shit out of my pc.

hepisari May 11, 2011 at 6:01 am

Wow… Thank you so much!!

I just repaired my CPU and it involved $$. Right after i got my cpu back, i straight away downloaded AVG. But it seemed to be a wrong move! I was damn pissed when everything went so slow!! I tried to think what was the issue….and realized my PC slow performance occured right after i successfully downloaded AVG.

I tried to uninstall it manually BUT it took ages!!! Luckily i found this website after i googling how to remove AVG via my Iphone.

Thanks for the great removal tool!!

mari May 15, 2011 at 12:37 am

Thank you!
running the program now

MichaelMorris May 27, 2011 at 3:56 pm

I’d like to add my thanks to all the others for this excellent removal tool

saintman June 22, 2011 at 4:10 pm

thanx thanx thanx
i love this programmmmmmmm

Nikki July 7, 2011 at 8:54 pm

Hi I have tried to use the AVG removal tool nothing is happening, it still keeps going through the motions as though removing it then putting an error code up? Any ideas how to get rid of this.

ali July 15, 2011 at 9:34 pm

thank u very much really. i tried nearly all removal programs but this worked very well…

ishwar October 6, 2011 at 6:39 am

thanks a lot boss it was so annoyin!!!! this tool wrked like charm, loads of thanx :)

Zahid November 6, 2011 at 3:17 am

It really works, thanks for helping me to get rid of AVG 2011

Ed January 5, 2012 at 6:20 am

I’m trying to uninstall AVG 2011, but every time I try to downpoad anything it pops up with ” download file deleted due to virus” . I can’t dowload anything. How do I get around this without going to repair shop??

Venkat January 5, 2012 at 7:10 pm

Download removal tool to another Computer in USB dirve and run on your Computer.

Haresh January 14, 2012 at 8:47 pm

Thanks for the tool. It worked perfectly for me. Initially I had mistakenly tried to uninstall using Add/Remove programs by logging into a different user than the one through which I had installed AVG.

suresh March 12, 2012 at 9:18 pm

his 56 mb file half load then not load resume/pause but not success & secnod lack in avg adv.settings not open perhaps his file is corrupt

rasendu March 15, 2012 at 6:53 pm

thanks to you for avg delete file help me

Juli September 27, 2012 at 3:44 am

I tried to uninstall AVG 2012 and got a blue screen. I downloaded the AVG remover tool and ran it and my laptop still blue screens. Any suggestions?

Venkat September 27, 2012 at 5:47 pm

I think here Bluescreen occurred has to do something to do with your hardware than with AVG.

irfaan December 15, 2012 at 1:41 pm

I want to remove AVG from my computer

Venkat December 15, 2012 at 1:44 pm

Isn’t the removal tool working for you?

robert March 8, 2013 at 11:08 pm

Avg is taking over computer. Wont allow access to other websites, keeps trying to force me into buying updates. As soon as free trial was over avg locked computer. Wont let anyone on other sites until update service is bought. This is illegal and once i get this cleared avg will never be used again. Hoping someone else has this problem and avg is brought up on charges and severly fined and put out of business