When your Computer is infected with Trojans and viruses ,they modify the registry in such a way that when you try to access or open Task Manger ,you get a warning “Task Manger has been disabled by your administrator” .
There could be case where administrator of your office has set restrictions to access Task Manger ,but there are most of cases where viruses disables access to the Task Manager.
1.Enable Task Manger Through Registry:We can modify registry entry related to Task Manager and by that way we can enable Task Manager ,for that we should have access to registry ,if your registry editing has been disabled ,see this article to enable access to regsitry editor .
- Click Start>Run>type regedit
- Navigate to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Current Version\Policies\System
- In the right pane select DisableTaskMgr ,double click it and set its value to 0
- Restart your computer
2. Enable Task Manager through Run command: Click Start>Run and Paste the following as it is and press Enter
REG add HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System /v DisableTaskMgr /t REG_DWORD /d /0 /f
3.Enable Task Manager through VB Script file :Just download the VB script file from Paulxp and run it even you get any warning proceed.
4.Enable Task Manager with Task Manager Fix:download Task Manager Fix , run it and click Fix Task Manager to enable Task Manger.
5.Create a Registry file to enable Task Manager:Just copy the following lines as it is and paste them in Notepad save it as enable _taskmgr.reg and run that file.
Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00
6.Enable Task Manager Through Group Policy:
- Click Start>Run and type gpedit.msc
- Navigate to User Configuration>Administrative Templates\System\Ctrl+Alt+Del Options
- in the Right pane select Remove Task Manager ,double click it and set i to Not Configured or Disabled.
7.Enable Task Manager with Disk Heal:Download Disk Heal and run it .select Fix tab in Disk heal and in opposite to Fix Task Manager Accessibility click Fix.
Bookmark this post and download the tools to your USB drive ,use them to enable Task Manger When disabled.
Do you Know any other way to Enable disabled Task Manager ?share with us in comments