There will be always problems faced by the users while uninstalling some programs, though there are uninstall tools available. If a program is missing in the add\remove programs list, we can use that programs’ registry entry to uninstall that program easily.
For every program installed in your computer, there will be an uninstall entry in the registry. These uninstall entries for all programs are grouped under uninstall entry in the registry. So it is easy for us to choose a particular program which is causing trouble and we can uninstall it.
Uninstalling Programs in Windows using the Registry
1.Open registry editor by typing regedit in the Run box and press enter.
2. Navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\currentversion\Uninstall
3. Select the program which you want to Uninstall in the left pane, in the right pane, select that program’s uninstallstring and double click it
4. Copy the string in the value data, paste it in the Run command and press enter to initialize uninstall of the program.
- How to Remove Firefox, if You failed to Uninstall it from Add\Remove Programs
- Fix Program Install and Uninstall Problems Automatically in Windows with Microsoft Fix It Tool
This process will be very useful in problems related to uninstalling a program.
Update October 08, 2014: Screenshots and post have been updated.
- How To Print List of Installed Programs In Your Computer
- Uninstall Stubborn Programs that dont uninstall ,very easily with Revo Uninstaller
- Cleanup Windows Installer Configuration Info with Windows Installer Clean Up Utility
- Download Antivirus Programs Removal Tools/Uninstall Utilities
- Uninstall Antivirus Programs with AppRemover
- Safarp:An Alternate to Add\Remove Programs
- Why Internet Explorer that came bundled with Windows should not be uninstalled