Disk cleanup tool does take a lot of time to scan for compressed old files ,thus delay in process of displaying temporary files in Disk cleanup.We can increase the speed of Disk cleanup with a simple trick.
1.Open registry editor by typing regedit in Run box and press Enter.
2.Navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer \Volume caches
3.Delete compress old files registry entry in the left pane.quit registry editor.
4.Restart your computer.
5.Now check Disk Cleanup tool by running it,observe how fast it will display the temporary files info.
Bonus:We try to open Disk Cleanup tool normally by Start>Programs>Accessories>System Tools>Disk Cleanup,just type cleanmgr in Run box as Disk Cleanup opens.
- Create PDF Files With Clickable Links
- Uninstall Programs using the Registry
- Find Recent Update Time of Any Website
- Trick to Change the Registered Owner Name in Windows XP
- How to Find Subscriber Count of Other Sites
- How to Save Webpage as Image
- Tweak to Bring Back IE7 Menu to the Top