When your system is infected with virus, first one to be get affected is Folder options, this folder options entry doesn’t appear in Windows Explorer from Tools menu to see hidden files and folders.
The other main system programs to get affected are registry editor and task manager.
1. So if you are not able to access Folder options, we have to use registry editor to fix this problem, but if you can’t access the registry editor, then follow the procedure here to fix that.
2. Once you get access to registry editor, open it and navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\Current Version\Policies\Explorer and look for the registry entry NoFolderOptions in the right pane and delete it.
Similarly, navigate to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\Current Version\Policies\Explorer and look for NoFolderOptions entry in the right pane and delete it.
3. Restart Your computer, now you can see ‘Folder Options’ under Tools menu in Windows Explorer.
Are there any Tools available that enable access to Folder Options ?
There are so many tools available to enable folder options, registry editor and Task manager, using these tools may depends on the threat level of virus in your computer, for e.g. you can use Disk Heal tool to access to Folder options.
Note: This article is written by me as a solution to some readers questions asked through contact, if you have any questions ask us through the contact form, we’re happy to help.
- Hide,View All Hidden Files With iShow
- Registry editing has been disabled by administrator
- Task Manager has been Disabled by Administrator
- Fix Your Disk Drives Inaccessibility With Disk Heal
- “The command prompt has been disabled by your administrator”.
- How to Remove Downadup\Conficker Worm from Your Computer
- How to Run Windows XP Setup When Computer Fails to Boot from CD
- How to Remove BV:AutoRun-G [Wrm] from Your USB Drive