Normally if you have used Windows 2003 server you could have known to select reason for shutdown of computer,by default shutdown event tracker is disabled in windows XP .We can enable Shutdown Event tracker in Windows XP.
Enabling shutdown Event tracker in Windows XP can be very useful to troubleshoot the shutdown problems by based on reasons log file in event viewer.
To enable Shutdown event tracker in Windows XP:
1.Open registry editor by typing regedit in Run box and enter
2.Now navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Reliability select ShutdownReasonUI in the right pane modify it to give the value “1”.
3.Restart your computer.
Now from onwards when you click shutdown button shutdown event tracker prompts you to select reason for shutdown or restart of computer ,on selecting reason which will be saved as log in system category in event viewer.This will be very useful to system administrators and also users for troubleshooting shutdown problems through system log file of event viewer .
- How to Find System Uptime and Shutdown Time
- Trick to Change the Registered Owner Name in Windows XP
- Set Your Favorite Picture as Drive Icon for USB Drive
- How To Remove Log Off Option from Start Menu
- How to Find the Page Count of Laser Printer
- How to Disable “ Highlighted Newly Installed Programs” Feature
- How to Prevent Access to Drives from My Computer