Log off Option will be useful if more than one user using the computer .what is the meaning if only one user is using the computer ,then the log off option is not necessary and we can remove it from the start menu.
To remove Log off option from start menu
- Click start >Run>type Gpedit.msc
- Expand User Configuration\Administrative Templates\Start Menu and Task bar select Remove Log Off on the start menu and set to Enabled.
- Restart your computer and your Log off option won’t appear on the start menu.
To bring back Logoff option to Start Menu
Follow steps form 1 to 2 and select Remove Log Off on the start menu and set it to Disabled.
Bonus:Fast user switching also will be unnecessary If you are the one user using computer,disable Fast user Switching
What’s your say on this?
- How to Prevent Access to Drives from My Computer
- Removing Shared Documents From My Computer In Windows XP
- Disable Windows Messenger On WindowsXP
- Do You Know the Tricks of Search Companion
- Enabling or Disabling Fast User Switching