You might have observed in Firefox 3.0 that when every tab opens that has a unique close button like chrome we can set as only close button for all these tabs.
- Open Firefox and type “about:config” without quotes in address bar and select I’ll be careful I promise.
- In the Filter type “browser.tabs.Closebuttons” without quotes and press enter you will find browser.tabs.closebuttons filter ,double click it and change its value to 3.
- Restart the Firefox ,now you can observe only one close button for all tabs.
To make it default follow procedure from step1 to 2 and double click and change its value to 1.
- Open Any Website By Typing Just One or Two Letters In Firefox
- Firefox Tips &Tricks
- Customizing Firefox3’s Toolbar for Quick Access
- Disabling Firefox3’s "awesomebar"