You may have observed every time web page loads in Firefox that web sites favorite icon or shortcut icon or Identity icon will also be loaded. We can how ever remove this Favicon not appearing in any sites that are opened in FIrefox.
Open Firefox and in the address bar type “about:config” without quotes click “I’ll be careful ,I promise” .
Now in filter box type “browser.chrome.site_icons” as it is without quotes ,double click it and set it to false.
Restart your Firefox browser
From now on wards favicons of websites will not be appear in Firefox .To make the favicons appear follow step from 1 to 2 and set “browser.chrome.site_icons” to true by double clicking.
- Setting Firefox’s Tab Bar to have Only Single Close Button
- Open Any Website By Typing Just One or Two Letters In Firefox
- Customizing Firefox3’s Toolbar for Quick Access
- Disabling Firefox3’s "awesomebar"
- How to Disable "Firefox -Restore Previous Session " dialog when Firefox Starts