Whether it is in Network environment or a single PC,Shared Documents folder is waste of Disk space we can delete it easily .
There are two ways to do this with Group policy editor or with with Registry editing choose what you comfortable.
Removing Shared Documents From My Computer in Windows XP Using Group Policy Editor
- Click start menu and type gpedit.msc
- Navigate to User Configuration\Administrative Templates\Windows Components select Windows Explorer .
- In the right pane select “Remove Shared Documents from My Computer “ and double click it set it to Enabled.
Removing Shared Documents From My Computer in Windows XP Using Registry Editor
- Click Start Menu and type “regedit” without quotes
- Navigate to “HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies and select Explorer
- In the right pane create a New Dword “NoSharedDocuments” without quotes of value ‘1’
4.Restart your computer to effect the changes.