What is Awesomebar
The location in which we type web site addresses in Firefox3 is earned name as “awesomebar” because it give web site urls often you visited as you type and ranks them higher how more you visit a site.
click to view image Larger
Why to Disable awesomebar
When you type as url of website it shows a drop down list of urls which won’t be liked by too many when others are watching their PC so protect your privacy regarding all pages you visit ,you can disable the awesomebar.
Disabling the Awesomebar
- Open your browser and type “about:config” without quotes .
- You have to continue by agreeing to the warning message .
- Just copy “”browser.urlbar.maxRichResults” without quotes and paste it in the Filter and Press enter.
- Now double click “browser.urlbar.maxRichResults”and set its integer value form ’12’ to ‘0’.
- Delete all cache and restart Firefox.
Missed a Firefox Tip?
Checkout our Browser Tips archive