whenever you visited a website it is easy to add that site as a favorite to the internet explorer, so that you don’t need to type that site address again,you can select from favorites tab in ie and load the site you want.
It is recommended to backup your favorites so that when you format and load your operating system you can backup favorites from your harddsik easily and you can easily add it to internet explorer browser.
Take a look how to do it.
- For this open internet explorer window, select file menu click Import and Export .
- Import/export wizard opens click Next In the menu choose action to perform select Export Favorites and select Favorites you want to export and click next save it in a folder where you want to save probably in D: drive.It will be saved as bookmark.html file
Restore Favorites from backup to ie
- For this open internet explorer select file menu click Import and Export .
- Import/export wizard opens click Next In the menu choose action to perform select Import Favorites and clik Next , browse for the backup folder which contains bookmark .html and select it from the backup folder click next , finished.
similarly in Firefox you can backup and restore your Bookmarks
- you have to use Bookmarks Manger,In the firefox window select Bookmarks tab click organize Bookmarks hten it will open Bookmarks Manager in a new window , click File menu you will find Import and Export wizards to do the job for you.Rest of process is same as for Internet Explorer.